This post will provide a guide to resources and activities you can use to continue learning CSS as well as an activity to reinforce what you learned in our Facebook Live session. Missed the session? Watch it now:
Learn to Code Activity
Use this Dreamweaver activity to continue working on the project you started in the first Facebook Live session!
All About CSS
These resources give in-depth information about CSS and will help reinforce concepts and terminology you learned in our first Facebook Live session.
- CSS – Styling the Web – MDN gives a great overview of CSS for the beginner. Check it out to review what we learned in the Facebook Live session.
- A Reference Guide to CSS – All the CSS properties you could want in one place with descriptions.
- CSS Basics – “Everything you ever wanted to know about the basics of CSS.”
These resources give you a chance to practice your CSS skills.
- Learn Layout – This tutorial will help you learn how to best use CSS to layout elements on your page.
- CSS Cross-Country – Explore the fundamentals of CSS, and review all the web-styling tools needed for front-end efficiency.
- CSS Beginner Tutorial – “The purpose of this guide is to teach the bare essentials – just enough to get started.”
These resources from Adobe focus on helping you learn how to code in HTML and CSS with the help of Dreamweaver.
Taking the Next Step
These resources will help you take your CSS to the next level.
- The Specifics on CSS Specificity – In order to best understand CSS, you have to understand how to target certain HTML elements with proper CSS Specificity. This article gives a great overview on how CSS specificity works.
- All About CSS Floats – Learn about how floating works in CSS, what the quirks are, and how to avoid CSS bugs when you float elements.
- The Difference in CSS Display Types – The different types of display properties in CSS can be confusing. This article will help you understand the differences in the display values and when to use each one.
- CSS3 Essentials – This article is a great review of the basics of CSS with some more advanced CSS3 concepts.
CSS Resources for New Coders
These resources are a few of the most popular for beginner and advanced coders alike.